3rd Quarter Plenary Meeting Recap
Women's Commission, Staff and Commissioners, were thrilled to have the opportunity to travel the state once again to hear from directly for constituents and organizations in their respective communities.
We want to an extend our appreciation to Mary Jo Ybarra-Vega for hosting us at the Quincy Community Health Center in Quincy, WA. Mary Jo organized an informative and inspiring day of learning for the Commission.
We were excited to learn and be inspired by:
- Dr. Maria Blancas
- Debbie Gonzalez of New Hope
- Molly Parker, Ph.D Candidate from Washington State University
- Teresita Bendito of Parque Padrinos
- Aurora Vasquez & Luisa Cervantes of Quincy Parents Take Action
- Alma Chacon & Olga Jimenez of Community for the Advancement of Family Education (C.A.F.E.)
- Catherine Houser of the Northwest Justice Project
The Commission also had the opportunity to tour Stemilt Orchards and learn about Eastern Washington growing operations.
Thank you to Kyle and Jan Mathison for hosting us and giving the Commission an informative industrial growing operation tour. Thank you to WSWC Legislative Advisor, Rep. Mary Dye, for arranging the tour.
We are grateful for the time so many community organizations and individuals gave to the Commission during our visit.